Host your next meeting, conference, or party in our affordable sky-lit art gallery!
Southern Exposure is a transformative nonprofit arts organization dedicated to empowering local artists and located in the historic Mission District. Our rental program provides a 1150 sq. ft. gallery space that is built to be flexible, creating a perfect site for private celebrations, product launches, and corporate off-site gatherings both large and small! Street-facing windows, a grand sliding glass panel, and skylights bring in energizing amounts of natural light for daytime occasions. In the evening, guests are invited to be creative in transforming the space into a glamorous environment with lighting and decor. Our Events Manager is on-site to help plan a walkthrough and ultimately oversee the success of your event.
Please inquire about our calendar for information on current exhibitions, which may be on view during your event, as well as potential conflicts.
Our gallery’s public hours are generally Tuesday-Saturday 12-6pm. We will be closed during your private event and generally have open availability on Sundays and Mondays.
We are dedicated to providing affordable rates for non-profits, members, and artists! Please inquire. We welcome you to our space!
- If you are interested in requesting our space for your event, please fill out our form.
- If you would like to book a walkthrough, please schedule an appointment with us via Calendly.
- To download our full rental fact sheet, click here. Current as of 9/9/2021
- For all other questions, please contact us at [email protected] or 415.863.2141
Health & Safety
- Masks: All SoEx staff and contractors reserve the right to wear a mask for the duration of the event. All guests must wear masks indoors.
- Vaccines: Rental Client is responsible for confirming vaccination status of guests and ensuring unvaccinated guests comply with Southern Exposure’s mask policy.
- Other: SoEx provides air purifiers and will clean before and after the event. We will provide hand sanitizer and additional masks as needed. Southern Exposure reserves the right to update this guidance at any time based on public health recommendations.
A note on Programming
At Southern Exposure our primary function is as a visual art space, which conceives and produces exhibitions by our Curatorial Council made up of local Bay Area artists. Sharing this space through hosting events helps us support their initiatives. To avoid crossing interests we cannot host art exhibitions and other art related events outside of the programs curated by Southern Exposure. Thank you for understanding.
Thank you for considering Southern Exposure for your event!